I thought I'd post some tips for anyone who isn't a Battlefield veteran. These are just some things I picked up over the years playing Dice's franchise:
1. ALWAYS keep moving from point to point. When you capture a point move on to the next point and repeat. If you stick around too long you will most likely get outflanked.
2. When you die, check the map for locations of your team. For instance, if large portion of your team is moving into an objective from the East, see if you can spawn on a captured objective from a different direction. 90% of the time you can catch the enemy off guard in a flank. This is super effective.
3. The closest non-captured objective isn't always the best next target. Again, check your map. You might see enemy movement toward one of your captured objectives and need to move there to hold it.
4. The "Q" key is your friend. Spam the hell out that bitch lol. You'll also get points if someone kills a soldier or vehicle while you have it spotted.
5. Map knowledge is key. We're all in the same boat here until we play and learn each map. Dice will almost always have more than one (or two) pathways toward an objective. I watched a few YouTube vids on some of the maps so I was kind of familiar with them.
6. Use tanks as a distraction. Tanks typically bring a lot of enemy attention their way. If you see a friendly tank holding down a direction see if you can flank around the enemy and attack them from a different angle. This is also super effective.
7. In the same note as #6, use grouped up friendly troops as a distraction as well. This is especially the case in BF1 with the trenches. If you see a bunch of friendlies fighting in the trenches try to flank around.
8. Don't be afraid to retreat. If you peak a corner and see multiple enemies shooting your direction retreat back to cover. More often than not they will become super aggressive and rush you 1 or 2 at a time. I've won several firefights this way.
Defense is pretty self explanatory but for offense:
1. Don't rush in right away. Take a second, find some cover and scope into either of objective to see which one is more vulnerable to attack.
2. Once you manage to plant at an objective (and you are working with a squad), one of you needs to try to make your way to plant the other objective while the rest of your squad defends. One of the best ways to win Rush mode is to have both objectives armed simultaneously. Typically, when one objective is armed MOST of the enemy team will turn their attention away from the unarmed one.
I really don't know what the f*** is going on with this yet lol
Bolt Action Rifles
1. Manage your reloads / ammo. For instance, the starting rifle has 10 rounds. If you fire 5 rounds and reload, your character will do so with a full clip. Pretty fast. If you fire 4 rounds and reload, your character will place 4 additional rounds in the chamber individually. Not so fast. Sometimes it's best to burn an additional bullet or two to get a faster reload in the heat of battle.
2. There's also a sweet spot for each weapon type. These are mid-range rifles so I'd say between 40-60 yards will typically take 2-3 shots.
1. There is VERY LITTLE bullet drop in this game in comparison to past Battlefield games. The only noticeable drop is over extreme long range shots. For 95% of your shots put your crosshair on their face and fire.
Light Machine Guns
1. The longer you hold down the trigger the more accurate these things are (while standing or crouched). Do NOT burst fire them.
2. If you can, go prone which will automatically deploy your bipod. Makes these things shoot like lasers.
Tank Hunter (Special Pickup)
1. You can't shoot this thing while standing or crouched. You have to either be prone or bipod-ed next to a half wall or window.
2. At medium to long range this thing will one-shot foot soldiers and I killed a light tank last night in 2 shots (not sure if it was full health though)
When: Oct 8th at 8pm PST
What: Battlefield: Bad Company 2
There is still a thriving community of BC2 and we aren't part of it. Being that a lot of us met playing BC2, I think we should rekindle that fun and take a long walk down the beaches of Isla Innocentes and see if we still got it.
So reinstall and lets see if we can get a few people to squad up and ignore the objective, flip some tanks over helicopters, troll newbs in Dallas, and do that Filthy shuffle.